Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is Near- oil


My latest oil landscape. 12 x 16 inches. Yes, more snow in the painting. LOL. This was a tough one as far as getting the light right. The foregound and midground were under cloud shadow. And the far mountains and hill had direct sunlight.
This is based on a photo I took last May, when there were still some remaining snow banks left here and there.
I wasnt concerned that much with an actual focal area. In these expansive scenes, I like the idea of taking the viewer on a trip through the painting. Starting in the forground, moving into the distance, while enjoying a few treats along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work, Ron- - -I know its hard to get the values on snow but you have done well. I saw you had been by my blog, thankyou. I look forward to your coments and if you are interested in my ideas- - I am not sure if my ideas are interesting, so other folks insites are appreciated!! How are you liking the web classes? Some of it is good, as seen thru other's eyes, and helps somewhat. Thanks for the comment on my calves---I do plan to do them in the other mediums-- - soon, I hope- - I am very behind today---as I spent the morning drawing and my chores got done real late. Son gets home from shoeing school this weekend, soon he can do chores!

    ReplyDelete