Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Monday, January 24, 2011

Willow Island- oil - sold


My latest oil landscape. 12 x 16 inches. I still cant seem to get a totally accurate photo when it comes to colors. Blues are slightly greyer in real life (in the sky for example).
Slowly, but surely, my color mixing is getting better. One of those things that comes with experience.
Well, off to find something to paint....

3 comments:

  1. Ron, when you mix colors are you begining with a primary pallette, or a split-primary, or what?? I love your painting, just wondered how you begin when you do set out your palette for a certain painting? You are really going to town with the oils, and its working out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ida. Colors I have been using:
    yellow ochre pale
    indian red
    cad lemon yellow
    burnt sienna
    ultramarine blue
    phylo blue
    veridian green
    dioxazine purple
    titatium white

    Dont know what you would call this pallett, but Im liking it. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ron this seems to be a split-primary- - a warm and cool version of each of the primaries---adding the pruple and the green, and of course white- - - - no black---which in my mind is good. This is sorta what I use when in oils, haven't done any for awhile tho. You are doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete