Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Monday, January 17, 2011

Looking South


I've started a crusade to learn to paint landscapes using oil paints. This painting is 9 x 12 inches. Location is on the Wyoming/ Colorado border in northwest Colorado.
I've been staying up late painting, losing much sleep. I have produced several "failed" paintings, but have learned a lot in the process.
I'm fairly happy with how this turned out. The colors here in this photo are not totally accurate. There is not so much strong blues in the original.
'till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you would rather use oils than pastels? Maybe for landscapes? I like oils, too, but need to learn more. I do like them plein-air, but still love pastles. Do you live near Hudson Wyo? I noticed on Hudson's website, a place for your to linc your blog to, its under blogs and tweets--might help with getting your name out there, but you are doing pretty well!! I do like this painting in oils, very nice with good depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like my pastels. I want to be able to do both oil and pastel. Mixing colors with oils is a challenge to get the color I want. But it is getting easier, just have to practice. I am enjoying my oil painting binge Im on :)

    Hudson is about 4 hours from me. Im in Cheyenne, the "big city" of Wyo. Hudson used to have the best steak house in Wy. I havent been there in a long time so I dont know if the steak place is still in business.

    ReplyDelete