Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Monday, November 15, 2010

Higher Ground


11 x 14 inches, pastel on paper. This is my son, Garrett, climbing the gate to reach Junior. Junior is really BIG, has clydesdale blood in him.

I tried a little different approach to this painting. I wanted to use less detail and make things more suggestive. I see these types of paintings from other artists and really enjoy them. I think the reason why is that when paintings are suggestive, it invites the viewer in, engages with their senses, and allows the viewer to use their imagination. This can create some emotional connection between viewer and painting. Hope I was able to make some of that work with this piece.

2 comments:

  1. Ron,

    I love this and not only because it's Garrett but you did a great job on this. I don't see anything wrong with it, you got it right all the way down to his skinny little bottom. lol Great painting!

    ReplyDelete