Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hereford Calf- Oil- sold


Was finally able to paint something new. The size is 5 x 7 inches, on a piece of masonite primed with gesso. Spent around 3 hours, completed in wet on wet, in one painting session. It was an enjoyable painting, and I tried to capture the fluffy, youthfullness of the young calf, snuggled alongside the mother. This painting was part of the May challenge in Wet Canvas (southwest/western forum).  (sold)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ron!!! Wonderful calf!! I have a bootle baby right now myself, its red and doing well--must be a twin as all the cows have calves, so I will be its mom!!! Love the horse and buggy work , its very welldrawn and love the light hitting it! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Ida. Always appreciate you stopping by and commenting. Oil painting is growing on me more and more. Good luck with your calf. My parents have one they're bottle feeding as well. Mother died giving birth, unfortunately. My daughter enjoyed feeding the little guy!

    ReplyDelete