Welcome

Welcome to my art site! This is the place where I display some of my paintings and give some thoughts as to the process invloved in creating a painting. All paintings are for sale unless stated otherwise. If your interested in purchasing a painting, please contact via email for pricing and any other information you would be interested in. Thanks for stopping by.

Click on images to view them larger.



Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fired Up! - charcoal


Its been forever, it seems, since I did an old-fashion black and white drawing. I spent between 2 to 3 hours on this. Image size is 7.5 x 10 inches, using 2b, 4b, and 6b charcoal pencils. It was fun and relaxing to just sit and do a drawing. I'm not sure if I have the patience to spend days and days on a more elaborate, finished type drawing. But it could happen I suppose. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawing, Ron!! I draw maninly to understand the value of something that may difficult for me, if I am thinking about painting it. Love the action in this horse, and the values. You have seen the graphite work of Carrie Ballentine's, right? Knew her when she was Fogwell, and My x was headover heels for her---Oh well, We both, x and I did graphite, his was really amazing---Its a good foundation to have--and worth doing for painting. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ida! I had fun with this. Used the side of my pencil lead instead of the point for most of it. Although I did put in some actual "lines" here and there. It was great practice for studying values.

    ReplyDelete